Sunday, September 12, 2010

On being a Single Parent

It sucks. Being suddenly thrown into single parenting without having a say in the matter really sucks. Dear Hubby was the disciplinarian..with him gone, all respect for mom has gone out the window. 4 year old says "mom is stupid", "I hate mom". 7 year old threw a very large "finger crayon" (kind with a point ont the end) at the back of my head when I told him he couldn't eat snacks later since he didn't want to eat his breakfast. It's the same breakfast he has eaten many times before, but decided today that "it smells". Funny how his younger brother didnt' notice a "smell". 4 year old has a complete mind of his own and will block me out when I talk or push and push to get his way. I am mentally exhausted and feel defeated. I have cried 3 days in a row at the lack of cooperation I get from my kids and that fact that they misbehave and don't listen. I feel so inept like I can't look after them and sometimes feel like leaving the house because I dont' want to be around them. I will see a counsellor soon as I don't know what to do anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment