How is it that a birthday that is supposed to be a happy occasion can turn into a not so happy one..especially when you are a widow. Woke up today and thought my 4 and 7 year old are oblivious to the birthday protocol so could not even get a hug out of them when I asked for a birthday hug. If hubby was around, I would have had a card and present in my bed to awaken me before I actually got up. I would hope that 1 of the 3 grandparents would think to try and get the kids to write a card for me or give me something tiny..even a drawing…
Don’t get me wrong, I got lots of birthday wishes via email and I did go out for dinner to celebrate with the kids and their grandparents. The tough thing today was I received a package at work via courier from hubby’s sister who lives far away. Inside was some lovely chocolates with a card that said “He would have wanted you to have chocolate on your birthday” . I was so touched yet at the same time so sad and had to go the the washroom to release my cry. Having my birthday so close to Father’s Day just makes it a little bit tougher. Anyway tomorrow is another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment