Today I went to a memorial service for a 5 month old baby girl. The one I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. Seeing that tiny little coffin, it was hard to imagine that there was actually a baby in there. It was so very sad. The father of the baby is a friend of mine and someone I worked for and with on a daily basis for almost 5 years.To see him and his wife mourning the loss of their sweet baby girl was simply heart wrenching. I think about what they are doing and feeling right now after the service is over. I think back to what I felt and did during that 1st week after hubby passed 13 months ago. People say I can relate to how they are feeling. In some ways yes...the shock part I think.But losing an infant child is so different from losing a spouse even if it was sudden and the spouse was youg. This baby angel only had a few months to experience life.
I still can't believe that this has happened..so surreal..like it was when my husband died.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment